Wednesday, November 18, 2009

overflowing gratitude

My research project would never be possible without the support of individuals who extended their support, time and expert advice to me as researcher.

First and foremost, to Ms. Simplicia Arquiola, Mr. Edgar Casas and Mrs. Alma Casas for all the love, support and guidance. Nay, Pa and Ma, thanks for consoling me whenever I cry of despair, hopelessness and pessimism. Thank you for extending your help especially in preparing the samples for my FTIR analysis and for all the love and care that you’ve given to me. I love you very much.

To my brother Raprap and sister Camille, thank you for the encouragement, support and love.

To my mentor, Dr. Lourdes Simpol, for sharing her expertise in research work. Thank you Maam for teaching me to go the extra mile and work harder for me to finish this research project with flying colors.

To Dr. Joval Afalla for extending his help in correcting the manuscript and giving advise and moral support for me to successfully fulfill this scientific paper. To Mr. Roland Anthony Mindo for all his guidance, especially in operating the FTIR and the Nitrogen Analyzer and for his guidance in the making of this paper. Thank you Sir Afalla and Sir Mindo for all your help.

To Mrs. Evelyn Tan, for her guidance, tolerance and understanding of my situation. Thank you Maam for all the support that you have provided to me so I can succeed in this endeavor.

To Ms. Agnes Aranas for sharing her time in providing relevant and helpful journals on pectin which was used in this study.

To Katryna Castro for all the help and support.
To Elaine Joan Cedeno for making me laugh on gloomy days in the lab, for understanding my being busy and caring for me.

To the BPI-DOST Science Awards for recognizing the potential of my research to contribute to national development. Thank you for the trust, the recognition and the high esteem that you have given to me and to my research work.

To my friends in the Chemistry Stockroom, Maam Tes, Sir Germs and Maam Carms, thank you for all the fun, the reflections and sessions that we shared together. Thank you for helping me especially when I felt that I am in a dead end.

To Mr. Osbert Bryan Villasis for the help that he extended in the statistical analysis of the data in the experiment. Thank you sir.

To ADDACS, PIGLASAPAT, SICO, SAMAHAN, CCO, NSM-SEC, ASLA, SUBDOM, Chem/ChE 4 and to all my friends in the organizations and classes where I belong, thank you for the friendship, understanding and support that you have extended all the way.

Most of all, I thank the Almighty Father for the perfect plan that he has laid down for my life. Lord, my heart overflows with joy and thanksgiving as I finish this research work. I bring this back to you for your greater glory!

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!

Miko Casas

No comments: