Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy, Thankful and Overflowing with Joy

Just yesterday, November 25, 2009 (2 months after my birthday), i had my final defense for my undergraduate thesis entitled "Optimization of pectin Extraction from the Peels of Citrus microcarpa (Kalamansi) and Proximate Analysis of the Residue for Selected Parameters." My thesis adviser is Dr. Lourdes Simpol (Maam Simpol is a Natural Products, Pharmaceutical and Analytical Chemist which i also dream of becoming in the future) and my panelists are Dr. Joval Afalla and Mr. Roland Anthony Mindo. I felt light before, during and after the defense, since i am confident enough about my study and i know for sure that after the defense was more like an improvement to my paper.

it was truly a milestone in my life. i am just happy and blessed to have "top-notcher" and great panelists and supportive mentor. all in all, i felt that, my education in ADDU was worth it. not only because of the recognitions that i had before and this big accomplishment that i am enjoying now, but because, my journey in Ateneo allowed me to know myself better. i was able to find my passion, and love which is science, research and education. i just hope that i would be consistently driven towards spreading the love for science and quality education in our country. Maybe, through these, i can materialize the "ripples of change" that i have been envisioning.

Truly, we have different roles and destinies as individuals. And having been placed in this position makes me blessed, since pursuing all these passions would never be hard, since all the things that i am doing are the things that i love.

AMDG!
Miko :)

No comments: