Tuesday, November 28, 2006

a hard hat for my hard work

this week is so incredible. besides the fact that i am in the mood to write my blog in the middle of the week, a lot of blessings fluorished.
monday was the biggest day i should say. i woke up at the right side of the bed, i managed to finish my papers, reports and assignments and just to simplify things, i felt prepared that day. the morning and afternoon subjects were fun, exciting and rewarding all at the same time. praise God that finally my responsible and optimistic self was resurrected. hahaha=D. anyways, last monday was the Engineering and Architecture day. it was held inside the gym. i was really hesitant to go inside, because after that very event would be our analytic geometry examination. what the... but i gave it a try, i had a peek of who were inside. oh, my classmates were there. hahaha, this made me stay and somehow neglect the aalytic geometry exam. anyways, the event did not start on time (you know, i keep on looking at my watch because the upcoming examination makes me feel crazy), so i just decided to somehow review and and answer some problems inside the noisy, hot and crowded gym.
after some time, the program started as usual, theres the invocation, natinal anthem and the cliche lines of the emcees to welcome everyone. haha. then a faculty, who happens to be my brilliant Algebra teacher (Egr. Ferolin) gave some inspiring messages. she talked about the performance of the engineering students in the recent board exams. it was really, really inspiring... AdDU garnered above the national passing rate in all the board exams and there were also placers in the said exam. what an inspiring news... =D... i hope that i could also do the same or even more... (with God, all things are possible=D). moving on, the program rolled and progressed. i was excited, because dance showdowns would then be performed, talents would then be discovered and entertainment would rule the air.... after a great performance the emcees told us to have a break... (why do you cut the excitement?) i was somehow disappointed, but they interrupted our fun, because of some sort of awarding. oh really? i told myself... a couple of awards were given to the upperclassmen, and the emcees announced "the highest WPA for firs year student goes to" (drum roll please) "Michael Casas"...
during that very second, i was trembling... shaking... and lost... what? is that true? that was my first reaction... i never expected to get that award, because for a fact, i've been late for 2 weeks last sem due to you know the singapore scholarship... and i was expecting some people from the honors class to get the highest average for this sem... so time went so slowly, the crowd was so warm and happy for me, but i was still in a state of shock... did i really get it? then the emcees requested me to go in front to claim my hard hat... ohhhh... what an ecstatic feeling... then i got hold of my first (but hopefully not the last) EA hard hat ever. it is the hat that engineers wear in a construction site you know... hehehe=D... but still i was trembling and shaking as i go back to my seat... it was real and all my negative assuptions evaporated... Praise God!!! after that the program went on with my classmates congratulating me, and teasing me. hehe... but honestly, i did not seem to notice them, because i was preocuppied by my joy and thankfulness to the Lord. i never expected such great thing to happen into my life, but God made my day extra extraordinary and extra extra special.
the experience made me realize four big things. for one, humility is a virtue. the unexpected event was a humbling, because really i never though that it would be me. second, doing ordinary things in an extra special way helps... after that, i thanked the Lord, that at least my everyday sacrifices and struggles in the past semester paid off. third, o gained a lot of confidence and not ARROGANCE. the award affirmed that indeed i can do it!!! but it also made me keep my foot on the ground. finally i realized that GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME. this is an old statement, but really i have reaffirmed it for many times now and i never failed. trust the Lord and he will grant the desires of your heart... how nice=D..... that is why i am writing this entry to be a witness of God's goodness... and my overflowing happiness too...
(i forge to do my best in everything and do things in the embrace of God's grace and love-MAC)

PRAISE THE LORD!!!
Ad majorem Dei Gloriam

-Michael Casas-=D

1 comment:

Mount said...

congratz casas! shet, ibang level ka na... summa cum laude material.. so proud of ya!