Friday, November 24, 2006

the SECOND semestert

its another semester. honestly, i was excited because a new semester would start and another chapter would open into my college life. i felt a more excited now than ever before. i anticipated of having a smooth sailing first week, a well adjusted second week and a competent third week...

...THE FIRST WEEK...
my first week was like a super doooooooooper stressful week. why? because my teachers were in the mood to be lax during this week. it even came to a point that my differential calculus, analytic geometry and chemistry classes were merged with other classes. sheeeeeeeeeet... my schedule and adaptation was ruined.... perhaps it was meant to be that way. but, the sad thing really was that i only have 25 minutes to enjoy my lunch. or worse every MWF because i will be taking my lunch every 1:30...oh my... i realized that college is more brutal than ever.
how poor i am to have this schedule... more than my schedule, my major subjects were like clumping in one day so i thought of what the.... i'll be multiplying my efforts to ten just to cope up... (hay nako...) diff cal in the morning, anal geom in the evening, well, this is really hard.
i was really cmplaining at the very start, i was not used to the schedule... saturday came and i get to realize that i have to make some meditative introspection just to identify the problem...

during this week, i realized that i was too worried about things wich were beyond my control. i can't do anything about fixed circumstances, because they are fixed (durr). (also, my scholarship was not approved according to the admissions office which was like sad, but after knowing the responsibilities and services that i have to render to the school, i became happier of the result, because atleast my focus won't be diverted to some other things=D.i'll just apply next sem. God permits)
i have to adjust my reaction and mindset towards the external circumstances of life. and i thought of using my bulky yet economical bag back in high school to give room for my extra stuffs... hahaha... and atleast after that stressful week, i'm learning to laugh again.... hahahahahahaha=D.
by the way Abigail Albino, my great friend is my classmate in analytic geaometry and differential calculus and it is nice to be with a friend who stays the same=D...

thank you God...=D

---THE SECOND WEEK---
the supposed to be adjustment week... i was very happy because i was able to play with my schedule already. what i missed to look into during the first week were my teachers.
after the lax first week of the semester, my teachers were then going through the lessons at the speed of light. oh my goodness... i'm having a hard time to cope. it was hard... imagine discussing two or three topics in one meeting and have an exam on the following meeting. then there would be heavy assignments in three to four subjects everyday... and three term papers for this grading period... how could you ever expect me to rest well... siyete...
my teachers this sem are setting super higher (exagge na yan ha=D) standards which makes me more confident of studying here in AdDU. hehehe... now, that i have competent teachers i should be more competent and go beyond their expectations and standards... that's my boy=D. hahaha. (your'e becoming better and better michael!)...

but unexpectedly, my increasing demand to the masses makes me ang lalakeng walang pahinga... i have a work now.... not really a work but an extra source of income which slashes my saturday and sunday study time to half... but, it is compensating though, because with my new work i am able to earn extra and learn extra somethings for myself. =D...

thank you LORD for these things...=D

***THE THIRD WEEK***
the master student's week. atlast, i was able to finally settle myself with my schedule and teachers. i am about to soar...=D... but am i ready? this week, i got hold of a book entitled how to become a master student. ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh... it is like a supplementary book for college students and honestly i learned a lot from it. i will not talk much about it because the title speaks for its contents =D.

during this week i was able to redefine my priorities, manage myself and learn a lot of tricks to make my college life successful, yet balanced... praise the LORD. i ended the week with a mass at the chapel and it surely was a great end for the disastrous first two weeks of this second semester and a great start for the dawn of the rest of the 27 unit full packed and worthwhile semester.

ad majorem dei gloriam

-Michael Casas =D-

No comments: