Sunday, April 11, 2010

Updates!

A lot of things happened after my last blogpost. And, a lot of things are to be expected in the days to come. I should say that the journey up to this point of my life is worth thanking for. I am very grateful for everything that happened to me and for all the experiences that God allowed me to have. More than the experiences, i thank the Lord for the lessons that made me wiser and the people who helped me get through. I am very much thankful also for the achievements and awards which affirmed my efforts. Truly, "the world conspires to help you achieve your dreams" whenever you do your best and your eyes are set on your goals.

I am bringing with me a sense of peace and gratitude at this point in my life. Gratitude, because, i believe that I am very blessed by God despite my sinfulness. The Jesuit saying "sinful yet called (and blessed)" is something which i believe quite accurately describes my state at this point. Well, i should honestly say that everything that happened to me and to my life are things which i never expected. If i may look back, a mere entrance to Ateneo de Davao is a blessing in itself. I did not make it to UP and Singapore, but i was welcomed with open arms in Ateneo de Davao. This is something which i am very thankful for. If the admissions director did not allow me to be enrolled then, i can't imagine where i would be situated at this point. I am thankful for my course. I once wanted to become a materials engineer in UP Dil or in Singapore. But detours led me to enroll in BS Chem Eng in ADDU. And yet, another detour, which is my shifting to BS Chem due to the advise of DOST. Isn't it amazing that no matter how hard and how long the road to BS Chem was, i am still able to excel. Thanks be to God! I am also thankful for my friends. All of them who came to my life really helped me shape my character and in one way or another helped me know who i am. I am thankful for my teachers. Their expertise, experiences and wisdom made me aware of the truths about life. I am thankful for my family. My mama, papa, nanay, brother and sister are always there to help me all th way.

On another side, i am at peace with myself. I am at peace to some extent, because, i have rid of some misconceptions about the world. I am at peace, because, i have known Jesus during the Holy week retreat even more personally. Now, i appreciate love, the cross and my relationship with Him more no matter how sinful i am, for as long as i go back to Him in humble repentance and prayer. I am at peace, because, i found myself. I realized that i have a legend to fulfill, a destiny to make real by just doing what i ought to do. I am at peace, because, i have a clearer vision now, on the look out for what is good and what ought to be done. I am at peace in the arms of God as i go on with my life each day!

It was a meaningful and a great journey after all. It pays to surrender to God everything. The events in my life made me understand the real meaning of surrender and faith. Believe in His perfect plan, because after all, He made this universe beautiful and perfect after all!

At this point, i look forward to a more challenging chapter of my life. But for now, i will be reviewing for the board exams! I hope, i can make it! I will make it! For the greater glory of God! I really do not know what happens after the board exam... I'd just lift it up to Him and allow His grace to lead me to my destiny, towards fulfilling my own destiny.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!

No comments: