Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Things to be thankful for! (Gratitude is the best Attitude)

The past four years in college was really a blast! I am very blessed for all the experiences that led me to where i am now and to the people who walked with me in this journey. I really feel that "the world conspires" only if you are sure of where you want to go. Thus, here are the things that i am for, for the four years of formation that i had in college:

1. My school. To be honest, Ateneo is my least preferred school way back in college, because, i feel like my parents can't afford to send me there and my preferred course (which used to be bs materials engineering) is not available in Ateneo. But, it is just so amazing that i am led to this least-preferred-school and end up excelling there. I am more than convinced that everything was planned by God, for all the circumstances which led me in Ateneo de Davao were beyond my control.

2. My family. I just have the most supportive and loving parents in the world! I love you Mama and Papa :). Moreover, I am thankful for the moral and financial support being extended by my grandmother (nanay pisyang) to our family. And i just love my brother and sister too, although we have occasional misunderstandings :D I am doing my best for you. Thanks for helping me scrape those pectin samples for my thesis! Hahah!

3. Awards and Recognitions. My college life was filled with awards and recognitions for the things that i have done. I graduated Valedictorian, Magna Cum Laude and Leadership Awardee. My thesis also bagged the 2nd Runner-up in the BPI Best Project of the Year. I was also awarded the Most Outstanding student for 2 years and Outstanding Club President in second year. These awards are beyond my imagination and i am just living the vision that i told myself before i entered college: "It's payback time."

4. I had a girlfriend. Well, although i am already single at this point, but i feel really blessed for having a girlfriend. And i am thankful for everything!

5. My course. I just appreciate how the detours led me to BS Chem. More than that, i found my calling in chemistry, that is to develop my very own drug. Yes, i really am motivated to go into research about creating a formulation to cure dengue and so on.

6. My friends, teachers and Involvements. I am so blessed, because for the past four years, i had great friends, teachers and joined great clubs which really helped me become better as a person. More than that, i expanded my network of friends and had worthwhile connections with them.

7. My relationship with God. My entrance to a catholic and Jesuit university allowed me to be closer to God! I am thankful for everything that i learned from the Jesuits!

These things will always be in my heart. The Ateneo experience that i had and the four years of college self-searching and formation that i had was really memorable and if i may say truly life changing! I look forward to a more challenging yet, more rewarding life experiences and people ahead! I know that my destiny is already written, i just have to fulfill it. And i know i am successful! May the Lord Jesus Christ be glorified!

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!
Michael Casas
<3

No comments: