Monday, April 12, 2010

The real world

I should really say that i am super tired today. Really tired. Imagine, i have been going here and there just to get my TOR, apply for the alumni ID, borrow the phy chem book of joey, blah blah blah. This is the harsh real world that they call. And yes, so far so good. Although this day made me really tired, but i really appreciate my experience today, because i feel like i am one of them now. I am not a spectator, but i am part of the people who move in this world. I am now away from my very own comfort zone. Yes! It is both sad and good. Sad, precisely because, things won't be easy now. Good, because i will finally learn how to live in this very competitive world.

In as much as yes, i am entering in this new and complex society, but i believe that i ought to carry with me the sets of values which i have learned beforehand- imagination, dreaming big, respect, integrity, punctuality, excellence, humility, love, gratitude, service, faith. Yes, the world can influence me, but these remains to be my strongholds, my buffer so that i can get hold of myself and be reminded of the necessary essentials just so i can fulfill the personal legend written for me. I know that i can do it! I can fulfill my destiny! I am!

I am thankful that today, i have finished a bunch of things. But, to be honest, this day just opened much more things to do. Well, that is life i guess- your assignments never end, unless it's your time to say goodbye. Sorry if i was somewhat morbid there, but it is a fact that we should all face. While we are still alive, things will come and will continuously come.

The real world is just so real. Like in Physical Chemistry, no "constants" or idealized systems can be employed this time. Every factor is in play and will surely contribute to the outcome of my journey. I know, it won't be easy. Yes, i know that the road will be challenging. But i am sure that i will succeed! I am successful for I am walking with and for the Lord!

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!

Michael Casas

No comments: