Saturday, February 17, 2007

VICTORY!!!--->> the chronicles of Feb 14. 2007


Feb 14-- a very special day... a day full of loving and not to mention a day of joy and family time...

but more than this, GOD has made this day extra special for me... since it is GAWAD 2007 -the recognition of ADDU's academically excellent students.

the program has started at 7 pm. it was exiting... but i felt somehow nervous because it was my first time to be there...

various extra curricular awards were given. but, the "highlight of the event" as the emcees would say it are the various academic awards that ADDU would be giving out that night.

the first academic award was the dean's pin award given to graduating students who consistently excelled in their academics...

then the most outstanding students award followed.

i was one of the top 5 nominees for the most outstanding first year students for this year...


and luckily i am the MOST OUTSTANDING FIRST YEAR STUDENT of ADDU for this year...









it was really amazing and i was shocked... i can't believe it, because imagine me getting that award even though i was late because of all the singapore and UP stuff... but i am so overwhelmed and happy because despite thouse frustrating downfalls, i still emerged a victor! =D












i actually cried when i delivered my speech...

"first and foremost i would like to thank God for everything... i never thought that i would get this award. thank you to ateneo. thank you for accepting me and for educating me... thank you to my parents and to everyone here supporting me. AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM"



















it was a memorable night for me... because through the award that i received, i was freed from the frustrations and burdens that my failures in singapore interviews and UP has brought to my life. truly, i have confirmed from that event that i need some sort of the jesuit education which ateneo offers...

may this story inspire people to do things not for themselves but for the greater glory of GOD!!!

Michael Casas
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

No comments: