Wednesday, May 16, 2007

KPKK---> Kapunongan sa mga Pangulo sa Kadautan sa Kalibutan; by Melchor Morante


another entry. yesterday was one of the most memorable day of my life, because i was able to overcome my stage freight and all that stuff... because i played one of the lead roles of the musical play in our Literature class entitled KPKK---> Kapunongan sa mga Pangulo sa Kadautan sa Kalibutan; by Melchor Morante




i palyed the role of Kabangis, the evil and so barbaric leader of KPKK... well it was a challenge on my part, because, i am not an innate bad and wild person and to think, i have to shout out my lungs so that i could play the role very well. so i have to do it....

i memoriezed the lines naman eh... but the problem was about my voice... i had a cough in the past week, pero wala na ngayon, and i might not deliver my lines so well... so i was not in my right self... and i thought na hindi ko talaga makaya... so nagpray nalang ako...



then on the night of performance, okay naman ako pero what was stressful was the setting up of the stage... the previous group did not really arrange the stage, they were so negligent. makalagot as in... i thought that installing the backdrop, the props and all would be a breeze, but, sup[er kapoy... imagine, nagkarga ko og mga kahoy, bangko, sako na bug-at and to think, i should relax and condition myself for the upcoming drama, pero hindi... I WAS STRESSED... so, i used that stress to internalize my role and be more barbaric on stage... so what i did? i shouted my lines as if i would be killing my co actors on stage (joke) and stun the audience at the same time. and i did not expect my voice to actually cooperate. hahaha... and the somehow makakunsensiya na part is nung pinasakitan ko si Gugma, played by my classmate Johanna de Castro. as in naawa ako sa kanya kasi parang napasobrahan ko yung pagpapasakit sa kanya pero i think medyo okay naman kasi all throughout the paly, the audience reacted positively on our play. its as if kasali silang lahat sa amin. so, naghiyawan, nagulat and pumalakpak sila... may iba ngang teary eyed na eh... hehehehe. it was like another victory =D... thank God jud...



so there it was, we had our play... so somehow i was relieved, kasi tapos na ang lahat... =D... many good comments and praises were given to the grtoup and of course masaya ako... thank God jud kaayo kay at least nakuhaan na ko ug usa ka tunok... =D

Amen...
Michael Casas

2 comments:

Peppermint Streak said...

Acting was always one of my true loves... i define it as modified lying.

I am a good liar---i guess. :)

shawie said...

katuwa naman! kpkk!
go casas! C=
go tenor! ;)